Search Me

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Long Time No Me

Well, last week I checked into the E.R. on advice from the folks at my allergy clinic. I woke up with chest pains, see, and, well, as they said, "A woman of your age can't be too carefull...."

Turns out that I DO have a heart. I have proof now, in spite of what anybody says. And there's nothing wrong with it. My husband thought it was stress. I have been superbusy with administrative bull -- hmmm -- activities.

Fortunately, I'm not only a department chair but also a teacher and I've been having lots of fun with my classes. I had a particularly good time with the latest version of my one credit conflict management class on May 1-2. It was a great group of people. And, you know what? It was actually my two hours in the emergency room without my computer in front of me that gave me the time and the quiet to reformat the class.

I wanted to post a while back about the Communicating Love class and their wonderful discussion of the impact of childhood stories. Suprisingly enough, the story most people remembered from their childhood as a first narrative about romantic love was Disney's The Little Mermaid.

No comments: