Search Me

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

FINALS

I'm hanging out at the front of Deschutes 1, watching five of my 21 interpersonal communication students continue to work on their final exam. I'm tapping away at the front of the room. The test was short-answer, recognition, and essay. After the test, I ask them to write a letter to themselves about what they've accomplished in their work on their personal goals. Three of the five are doing that. Nope. All of them. I'll soon be home sipping prosecco. I'll send them the letter in three months. I got this letter idea from a Small Group Communication workshop I attended way back in my second or third year at COCC. I'm afraid I'd have to look at my H.R. file to remember the title of the workshop.

I myself didn't get everything done this quarter. I wanted to do more interactive online work with the students. Well, more isn't really the right word. Try some. Oh well. There's always next fall! (I get to say that for four or five more years.)

Aha! One left! It's certainly been an interesting group this quarter! If only I'd told more stories about them.

No comments: