Search Me

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Introduction Speeches

The classes seem active and energetic. I listened to all the introduction in the Monday/Wednesday class and most in the Tuesday/Thursday. In the latter class there were some absences so on Thursday we'll also get to listen to reasons for missing and the class will vote on whether or not they buy the reasons.

But why is it so hard for my students to get the concept of "the general purpose." On the prep sheet I've worked and worked to make the response simple but they always want to go beyond "to inform," "to persuade," or "to entertain." Sigh.

It's also interesting that classes sometimes seems to have grouped delivery problems. By that I mean some classes have a preponderance of "um" sayers while others have dancers or manuscript readers. There were more ummers in my MW class and more leg twisters in the TTh.

No comments: