Search Me

Friday, October 10, 2008

Tuesday Thursday Mistakes

I seem to make more mistakes in my T Th class this quarter than in my MW. The first week I managed to have a streak of white face cream on my jaw line that one student mentioned at the end of class. I also have enjoyed misspellings on the white-board and had trouble with the overhead projector just before a lecture on visual aids. I've told them that they distract me. The tone of the group is lively (which is much better than overly quiet). They chit chat a lot during breaks between speeches. Every once in a while when my back is turned they laugh and I feel like I must have a "kick me" sign. They aren't mean spirited just active.

I do enjoy them. Most of them went to the trouble of constructing their visual aids for SA#2. There was one young man who had a posterboard with brass tone tacks through each of the letters of the label and his three pie charts. It made for an attractive display.

I want to start writing about specific students but don't want to use real names. I'm going to figure out the easiest way to work that before informative speeches start.

No comments: