Search Me

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Attendance

I know I tell everyone that I'm over being worried about whether or not students attend but sometimes it does impact my self esteem when only half my interpersonal communication class shows up on any one evening. Is it worse than it used to be? Us old profs always think so but maybe not. And spring time, the only ring a ding time, who wants to be in a classroom without (or with) windows?

Ah, but the public speaking class -- they were well before time (it was speech sign up day). I've enjoyed that class. Some interesting and enthusiastic characters. I also had a student in that class who cheated on an outline -- turned in a sample outline from a school in Kentucky. Easy enough to track down. What tipped me off? The language use and the scrawl of name at the top of a carefully typed page. Mostly, though, the use of the name John Wayne. How many of my students know who the heck John Wayne was, pilgrim?

No comments: