Search Me

Friday, May 9, 2008

Back

Wow. I got pretty far behind in my grading and everything else. This administrative adjunct job I do has things popping up all the time. Like a faculty member whose time in class was being wasted because she kept having to track down a special chair necessary for a student with a disability. Others kept moving the chair. So I felt it was my job to send out an email to everyone who works in the five classroom building where she has a class and let them know of the problem. I did that by checking between our online list of courses and our Webviewer overview of which classes are offered in the building. Used to be I could just go to the secretaries office and she could give me the bird's eye lowdown. But now it's all online and I can track down the info myself. That's progress -- always moving from people to the machines. And then the machines think of new work for us to do. And don't get me started on Banner.

No comments: