Search Me

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Boot Camp

Just finished my first full weekend of this spring's Redmond Public Speaking Bootcamp. My new way of teaching the course, with the small assignments, just didn't work this time. I need to reconstruct the workshop and make the various assignments more appropriate. I have to say I felt pretty stupid and very tired most of the day. I like the students in the class -- it's an interesting mix but mostly older. I haven't had such a non-traditional age class for more than 8 years. Like many community colleges around the country, we are seeing more traditional age students in our classes.

I'm thinking that I need to get my behind in gear and make samples of each of the small assignments and create my own full examples of the informative and persuasive speeches.

Also, you know, it gets harder to crank out the kind of energy I need for the weekend classes.

No comments: