Search Me

Saturday, November 23, 2013

LY #66 The Fashion System

As a theorist speaking with absolutely no data, I'm going to make this hypothesis that someone else can research. 

I think that the current horrible style of women my age and younger and older showing the roles of fat above and below their bras because they are wearing material that clings to their bodies is a result of the fashion trend of manufacturers saving money by making sizing small, medium, large, and extra large.  Clinging material will make an attempt to fit a body it doesn't want to whereas stiff material needs to be cut more closely to the actual form in order to fit correctly.  

I find a sleeker silhouette, one that is produced by stiffer fabric than jersey knit, is more comely to my eye than ripples and bumps in awkward places.

One more proof that it's time for me to get out of the classroom!  As a geezer, there are just so many contemporary styles I don't enjoy staring at.




No comments: