Search Me

Monday, November 25, 2013

LY #67 Building Morale

As you all (all 4 of you) know, I have a crush on my young colleague, the rawk gawd Sean Rule.

Sean being 80s, wearing my shades and jacket.
On Friday, he and the other member of F'n'A, our COCC band, shot a Christmas video up in the Fireside Room.  I got to be part of it.  I loaned him one of my fur jackets and a pair of sunglasses which he used in part of the video as a tribute to 80s metal band Poison.  Very little of that material turned up in the video.  I visited him today and he showed me what all was left out of the video -- some very funny stuff.  I hope he produced a director's cut.  Neither did he use the material that I shot...I may need to put some of it up on the web just to make it available. 

I also did some dancing in the video -- I'm the short woman with the bad hair wearing the black sweater with the Christmas trees.

All the lights made that old space look quite magical.  Today when I went up to collect my coat, the Fireside room looked completely un-magical once again.

As I talked with Sean about the wonderfulness of COCC I told him that 85% of my time here has been enjoyable.  I think that's pretty ef-ing amazing.  Well over 50% of my job has been enjoyable.  There have been the people I haven't gotten along with and then there's the whole grading thing -- that's the negative part of the job.  But mostly, I've enjoyed my time at the CoC on the Rock.

Sean is such a great asset to the institution with his positive attitude and boundless energy.  

Stay tuned for my own video about FnA.


2 comments:

Stacey Lee Donohue said...

Would love to see your video out takes!

Unknown said...

Awwwww...

I wanna see you footage! I couldn't convert it, and (since the song's only 2:30), I couldn't use 95% of what we filmed. A director's cut is definitely possible. :)