Search Me

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

LY #141 Because I'm not dead wood . . .

There's a lovely song in Monty Python's Spamalot in which plague victims (and others during the reprise) sing about not being dead yet.  (For the St. Jude's congregation version, see here.)  Last year I was singing that song as I received word from my department chair of the time, Dr. Jon Bouknight, that I had passed my "not dead wood" evaluatory process.

This evaluation, a "Periodic Performance Review" is one performed on geezers who have been "fully promoted." It was instituted my final year on chairmoot.  It's an attempt by the school to make sure that the COCC family doesn't have folks on staff who "got tenure then retired."  I have attached the paperwork I received last May.  The two long lines are part of signature of the committee chair which, for privacy reasons, I've chosen to hide.  They are not the feelers of a bug I killed.  This is the paperwork which allowed me to sing along with the Idle tune,

"Oh, I'm not dead wood
and I'd really like to say
that I'm not dead wood
for I'm working every day
So I'm not dead wood:
here's proof that I'm worth my pay.
My colleagues seem to like me
and think I'm dead good."




No comments: